Hello and welcome to the 2020 UNH Violin Craftsmanship Institute - Online!
We’re glad you can join us for this summer’s VCI and are looking forward to seeing you in our virtual classrooms! In advance of your workshop(s), we wanted to communicate some details and best practices.
- Workshops will be held online via Zoom meetings, from 10am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. You will receive an emailed link to the virtual class.
- There will be no evening workshop hours.
- While class starts at 10am, the Zoom meeting will begin at 9:45am. Please log in at least 5 minutes before the 10am start time. This will give us time to sort you into the appropriate “breakout room,” the virtual classroom in which your individual workshop takes place. If you are going to be logging in late for any reason, please email Abigael Sleeper at email@example.com. She will need to be on hand to transfer you into your workshop breakout room when you log in.
- Breaks, including lunch, will be at the discretion of individual workshop instructors. When you take a break it is important to NOT leave the Zoom meeting OR your breakout room. Please simply mute your audio and video in the lower left hand corner of the Zoom program if you’d like to be “off camera” for the duration of break, and turn them back on when it’s time to rejoin your class. You’re welcome to keep your camera on during lunch and socialize with your classmates, if you would like.
- Please do not leave your breakout room at any time during the workshop. You will not be able to re-enter, and a meeting host will need to manually return you to the room. If you leave the breakout room by mistake, please email Abigael Sleeper (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately. She can return you to your breakout room, but this may result in some lost class time.
- Some instructors may choose to make documents, worksheets, and/or visual aids available to you for class use. If so, these documents will be hosted online via Box, and you will be sent a link to them via email. Please look for emails from email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org, as these will likely contain important information about your workshop.
- You will need to have a webcam running throughout the workshop, so that instructors can see your work. An external webcam is not required but may make it easier to show your instructor your progress. Please also make sure to have adequate lighting on your workspace.
- Your instructor may request that you keep your audio muted except when asking a question or making a comment, or during certain periods of instruction. Your audio can be muted and unmuted by clicking the microphone icon in the lower left-hand corner of the Zoom window.
- On the Thursday of your workshop, you will receive a link to a course evaluation survey. We ask that you fill this out to assist us in improving the quality of our workshops and student experience.
- If you ordered a UNH Violin Craftsmanship Institute apron, it will be sent to you in the mail. All current apron orders have been shipped and should arrive soon. If you would still like to order an apron, email Claire.Guilmette@unh.edu.
- Please make sure to have all balances paid in full by the Friday before your workshop begins. Any questions or concerns regarding payments can be sent to Claire.Guilmette@unh.edu.
Thank you for signing up for this summer’s VCI; we’re excited to get to work and see all of you soon! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your upcoming workshops, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
All the best,
UNH Violin Craftsmanship Institute Program Manager
UNH Professional Development and Training
and the instructors of the 2020 UNH Violin Craftsmanship Institute