Professional Development & Training is an office within the University of New Hampshire whose mission is to serve individuals, businesses, schools, and organizations in New Hampshire and surrounding regions by offering a wide range of professional development opportunities throughout the year, including:
- One-day Workshops
- Special Institutes and Conferences
- Short-term Certificate Programs
- Customized Training for Companies, Organizations, and Schools
- Online Courses of Personal or Professional Interest
Programs are designed to assist professionals in developing new or advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of fields. Instruction provides a balance of theory and practical skills that participants can immediately apply to the workplace.
Training is offered at four UNH locations plus at special off-site locations:
- Durham Campus
- UNH Downtown Manchester
- Portsmouth at Pease International Tradeport
Over 250 one-day seminars and short Certificate Programs are offered throughout the year.
Seminars and Certificate Programs are noncredit, so no pre-approval to register is necessary. Each seminar awards CEUs (continuing education units) that are recorded on a transcript. CEUs attest to your professional development and may be used towards licensure and relicensure of some professions.
To find a seminar and register online, take these steps:
- From the Professional Development & Training webpage, click on the link to "Programs" then the category of topics you're interested in. Or click on "Course Search" and search by the Course Reference Number (CRN) or search a variety of key words.
- Locate the seminar/workshop of interest.
- On the seminar/workshop description page, the currently available sections that are offered will be listed. If the course is not currently available and registration is closed, it will indicate that no sections are offered.
- Click on the Add to Cart button then you may choose to continue to add other items to your cart or go to Checkout.
- New users will be asked at Checkout to create a user name and login or, if you already have a login, to login with your previous user name and password.
- Move through the Checkout process. (Note: prior to be able to completely checkout you will be asked to enter your username and login again to verify that you wish to finalize your checkout.
Other Ways to Register
By Mail or Fax: Click here to download the registration form and mail it with payment to UNH Professional Development & Training, Stoke Hall, Room G50, 11 Garrison Avenue, Durham NH 03824-3511 OR fax it to (603) 862-7381.
By Phone: Call us at (603) 862-7380.
Credit Cards Accepted
UNH Professional Development & Training accepts MasterCard, Visa, AmericanExpress, and Discover.
New Registration System!
As of February 2016, UNH Professional Development and Training is hosted on a new registration system. Receipts will say "UNH Learn for Life" with details confirming your registration. Each participant will be required to have his/her own user name and password. New participants will be prompted at checkout to establish an account. It is important to save your user name and password so that you may register for future events and view a historical record of your participation from this year forward.
Durham Manchester & Portsmouth
Call (603) 862-0000
press 3 for noncredit
Information also is posted on WMUR-TV