Professional coaches are in great demand, and the need for their services is only growing. Employers are realizing that coaching is a cost-effective way to help their employees increase effectiveness, think more creatively, take on greater responsibility, and grow professionally. The result? A better performing organization and a loyal workforce. Likewise, individuals are turning more frequently to coaches for help in developing and implementing career and life plans.
Participants approach this program from multiple roles:
- As consultants, looking to meet their clients’ specific coaching needs
- As internal coaches, looking for additional training to better serve their company
- As managers, looking to implement coaching programs at their own company
- As career-seekers/changers, looking for a career that helps people reach their highest professional and/or personal potential
This certificate program is designed exclusively to meet the needs of the evolving coaching profession. It provides a structured, but flexible, program that includes a five-session seminar covering core principles and practices, and four one-day specialization seminars that will equip you with the necessary toolbox of techniques to become a skilled and confident professional coach in a career or life satisfaction capacity. This program's two-tiered approach will enable participants to work with the "whole client" within the context of the "whole system" in which they operate.
- Complete three (3) "required" workshops:
- Complete two (2) "elective" workshops
Certificate requires completion of three "required" workshops and three "elective" workshops within a two year period.
The five-day "Art of Coaching" core course runs once per year, in the fall semester. Dates are announced in late spring.