When we are looking for work, we are hyper-aware of our strengths and value, and practice how to articulate that value to prospective employers. Once employed, many of us lose that productive perspective over time and become more and more satisfied with completing the tasks at hand, however competently. Do we even know if we are delivering value to our organizations? We may not realize that being out of touch with our value and not making it visible to our employer puts us at risk for becoming marginalized when leaders need to staff new, innovative projects. How can we become the proactive solvers of our organization’s problems as the managers of our own value? This workshop will empower you to assess and enhance your value-add in your organization for your employer and for your career success.
Upon completing this workshop, you will be able to do the following:
• Describe the self-employed mindset and actions to promote it
• Differentiate good performance from value creation
• Uncover your strengths stories (PAR)
• Name your value to your organization and the marketplace
• Recognize your current visibility and action steps to increase it
• Activate the four emotional intelligence skills to enhance your visibility and value
• Develop an action plan for growing your value at work
Katherine Maloney, M.B.A., is an accomplished coach, program manager, facilitator, and consultant with over 25 years' experience helping individuals and teams connect with success in health care, financial services, and higher education organizations. Workplace affiliations and clients have included Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Fidelity Investments, BankBoston, and Babson and Emmanuel Colleges. She has owned and managed her firm, WorkPaths Consulting, since 2012, that provides strengths-based career coaching and consulting and workshops that build positive workplace communications.