Our Stormwater Management Certificate program is a multi-workshop program that is cosponsored by the UNH Stormwater Center. Our program includes seven workshops held at the University of New Hampshire main campus in Durham, NH. The program is designed so that students can complete and obtain their certificate over a 12-month period. Students are required to attend & complete a minimum of 5 workshops with a 2-year period to receive their certificate.
What is the Stormwater Management Certificate?
This certificate is designed for landscape architects, engineers, surveyors, project managers and others involved in designing, building and maintaining stormwater management systems, which impact sustainability of their communities. Students will learn about site-scale hydrology, site design, system design, post construction performance estimates, modeling, and more. They will gain an enhanced understanding of the watershed impacts of infrastructure design and maintenance choices, and be equipped with best practices for sustainable stormwater control measures that are highly functional, cost-effective and that protect water resources.
What is the cost?
Each individual workshop costs $175. Payment when registering can be completed on a class-to-class basis, or all together. There is also a one time $50 certificate administration fee.
How do I register?
Select your course(s) below and continue to "Enroll Now." Follow the steps provided to register for the workshop and reserve your seat. To enroll in the Stormwater Management Certificate program, add the "SWM Certificate Enrollment fee" to your cart at checkout when signing up for any of the elective workshops. (An additional one-time $50 fee.)
When should I register?
We highly recommend registering for these workshops early as they tend to fill up. Each workshop has a 40-person limit per offering.
2022/23 Certificate Required Workshop Schedule
Complete Any 5 Courses to Receive Your Certificate:
- Stormwater Hydrology | November 9, 2022 | Live Online
- Stormwater Site Design | December 14, 2022 | Live Online
- Treatment System Design & Post Construction Performance Estimates, Part I | January 10, 2023 | Live Online
- Treatment System Design & Post Construction Performance Estimates, Part II | February 21, 2023 | Live Online
- Optional In-Person Field Day | March 14, 2023 | Durham, NH
- Stormwater Modeling | April 11, 2023 | Live Online
- Stormwater Construction: Erosion and Sediment Controls | May 9, 2023 | Live Online
Stormwater Management Digital Badges & Micro-Credentials
Participants who successfully complete each individual workshop, along with the entire Stormwater Management Certificate Program, will be issued Digital Badges/Micro-Credentials alongside course completion letters and certificate. Past students will also be able to obtain these retroactively.
Learn more about the significance of Digital Badges here.
What is a Digital Badge?
- It contains detailed information about the skill or experience that enables viewers to ascertain what activities and/or assessments the learner completed.
- Skills and/or competencies are defined and evaluated by the digital badge issuer.
- Badges represent the successful completion of a variety of learning experiences in credit and non-credit coursework.
- Sharing badges is learner controlled and open across technology platforms including social media, blogs, online portfolios and others.
Sign up now to be notified when enrollment for other workshops open!
Have a question? View our general FAQs below. You may also call us at (603) 862-7380