Violin Identification - General Guidelines, Tools and Materials
Bring 1-2 instruments that pose questions regarding identification to you, and more if you have them.
- Notebook and Pencil and/or Pen, essential for note taking
- Tape Measure – 6’/3m. Both scales are useful.
- Magnifier - should be 8X to 10X. Sides should not obscure light.
- Dental mirror
- Bend-a-lite or other means of illuminating instrument interiors
Not essential but useful:
- Straight Edge – 6”/15 cm.
- Dial Calipers
- Hand-held UV lamp